Goal: To bring together representatives of youth and student organizations to discuss creating partnerships through inclusive dialogue and exchange for mutual understanding, peacebuilding, sustainable development, active citizenship and public interest diplomacy.
- To foster tolerance and a sense of understanding among the youth organizations involved
- To increase the awareness and knowledge of youth peace activists and promoters of active youth citizenship for development and social justice
- To share the necessary tools, techniques, strategies and skills to promote peace culture and active youth citizenship for development
- To share experiences with youth participation for the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), especially when it comes to HIV/AIDS and reproductive health
- To spread awareness on the prevailing situation of the Horn of Africa
- To make suggestions towards effective strategy for regional and international cooperation, friendship and understanding
- To launch the Year of the Youth with dedication and commitment.
Main discussion topics:
- Active youth citizenship
- Mutual understanding and tolerance
- Peacebuilding for sustainable development
- Youth participation/achievements in achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
- Public interest diplomacy
- Youth partnership for youth development and empowerment
- Launch of the International Year of Youth