Call for Papers
East Africa Youth Forum
Asmara, Eritrea 7-13 July 2012
Active Youth Participation for Conflict Transformation and Regional Integration!
In line with its position as the Vice-President of the Pan African Youth Union (PYU) for East Africa/Indian
Ocean, the National Union of Eritrean Youth and Students (NUEYS) will be hosting the East Africa Youth
Forum from 7-13 July 2012, under the theme “Active Youth Participation in Conflict Transformation and Regional Integration.”In collaboration with the College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS), research papers are being conducted and collected in accordance to the set objectives of the forum. Therefore, we invited all interested individuals to submit abstracts in accordance to the forum objectives:
Objectives of the forum:
1. To foster tolerance and a sense of mutual understanding among the youth organizations involved
2. To increase the awareness and knowledge of youth peace activists and promoters of active youth citizenship for development and social justice.
3. To share the necessary tools, techniques, strategies and skills to promote a culture of peace and conflict transformation
4. To spread awareness on the prevailing situation in the Horn of Africa/East Africa
5. To make suggestions towards developing an effective strategy for regional and international cooperation, integration, friendship and mutual understanding.
6. Implementation and realization of the African Youth Charter
7. Accelerating youth empowerment for sustainable development through active youth participation in the African Youth Decade (2009-2018)
If you are interested in presenting a paper during this important forum, please send us an abstract of your paper no later than 30 April 2012.
For more information, please feel free to contact the NUEYS Central Office Department of Research and Development, or the NUEYS Foreign Affairs Department.
For more information about the forum, visit our website: http://www.nueys.org